Saturday, December 11, 2004

a day at CCP and Anea's Wishlist

biking at CCP

we went to CCP to jog, play some badminton and ride bikes...

it was fun.

it was tiring.

too tiring i swear even my hair hurt.

it ain't gonna happen again.

LOL.

================================

When I saw Anea's wishlist listed on her blog, i felt a little sad.

She wanted more attention.

I asked her what it meant. And she said that it seems like everything is about Dale or Anton. She felt that nothing is about her.

At that time, I asked myself... Was I not giving her the attention she needed?

I am not so sure.

Yes, I admit that when Dale was younger, I gave more attention to him, especially when we knew that he had autism.

But to be fair to me, I did not forget that I have a daughter. I thought about the times that I gave her this, and bought her that.

But, I guess material things does not count here. And I think that I've been giving her material things especially when she's doing good in school. Reward kind of things.

If you knew my daughter, you'd think that she's the most sensitive brat there was.
She is. Even her teachers tell her so. She is so sensitive that she takes petty things seriously. She's a perfectionist. Much like her dad. And that thought scares me.

It seems that no matter what I do, It's still not enough for her. I am thinking of what I should do to make her understand that it isn't possible to give her all the attention that she wants.

I find myself telling her that she is not the only child I have. That I also need to tend to her brothers.

Well, one thing I do know. However she's been acting, I am so proud to have her as a daughter. Her traits are the reason she's doing okay in school. Being a perfectionist does not stop her from attaining her goal.

I hope she feels that I love her more than life itself.

No comments: