Monday, August 14, 2006

Life Changing Disease

sorry at di nakakapag-update... hehe...

getting sick with a dreadful disease with no assurance of getting better takes a lot of time, patience, and sleep. =)

i was busy getting checked-up, blood tests, getting a second opinion, and all that.. plus my medicines are giving me a hard time concentrating on anything else.

Dale (Arolf) is doing better in his writing in school... i think the teachers are doing a great job... they're getting stricter! and that's best for him...

We're having trouble now with his unexpected fear of the dark... he always shouts when he sees noone is around...

He almost always shouts now, and is a bit troubling for me... yesterday, i have to call him inside my room and gave him a massage, to cool him down... He wanted his sister, Anea, to play the pc and follow his instructions... but Anea, refused. So, he started screaming!

I think I'd better try the Epsom Salt thing that I have been reading from the ASP group.

anyway, here are some recent pictures of Dale.. He's in his gala uniform! He looks so... old! haha...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Of course, when Tony saw we were taking pictures, he asked his Kuya if he could also wear the gala uniform:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

too big, no? =) btw, last friday, the Daycare center Tony goes to didn't have classes coz the teachers had a seminar on Autism given by ASP... Hooray! At least, some hope in Pasay... I'm still hoping someone could put up a Pasay City chapter of ASP... =)

since i'm sick, i owe a lot to my daughter Anea now... she takes care of Arolf more than I do! I gave her duties and responsibilities... I talked to her, and asked her to love her brother more... to see if he needs anything in school, if he misbehaves, if his assignments were done, if his things were in order...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Being sick makes you wake up... makes you realize that not everything in this world is permanent... You have to be ready for what can lie ahead... for you not being around all the time... especially if you have a special child... so, you also have the 'duty' to 'make everyone' else matter to your child. You have to make sure he or she will be taken cared of when you pass on.

I know it is very harsh to lay it on a 10-year-old child, but reality bites. Good thing she understands and thinks way beyond her years.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I wish this disease will just go away... we're all praying that my kidneys will get better... or if i really need more treatments, we're praying that my body could combat any other complications that may go with them, and that we could find the money to finance everything.

Dialysis will be a lifetime event for a person like me, and that's twice a week, for thousands per session. That will be done til i get a transplant which will probably cost from half a mil, up.

Anything could happen. You could get sicker. You could get better. You could die.

I have faith. I am positive that everything will be well.

I have been in and out of the hospital many times now. I've been opened up 7 times. I have been pricked hundreds. I'm sure God will give me more strength and patience for thousands more. And one of God's reasons is Arolf. I'm sure of it.

Anyway, more updates as soon as we get the second opinion over and done with... as soon as we're sure what to do next... i'm just starting to get back on my feet now and doing normal things from time to time like going out with my mom to the mall to get some exercise. i haven't even talked to Arolf's guidance counsellor yet, but his teacher texts me from time to time. good thing i haven't seen a 'sent to guidance for counselling' stamp on his diary since the conference. Hahaha...

God bless everyone.

1 comment:

Reich said...

to awestruckwinter:

i'm sorry i replied just now... i was a little preoccupied with getting better that i forgot to update everyone about Dale...

thank you for everything... i also pray for you and your family as well.