Thursday, June 20, 2013

Why I Took a Break

The Break

I took a break from blogging for quite some time.  I didn't feel the need to explain, but I read a blog post that did explain why she was QUITTING to blog about her son, and while I am not up for quitting entirely, i wanted to share my sentiments on why I took a break.

Dale is now 14 years old, a teenager.  Just like any other, he likes to play video games and watch Youtube videos.  I started this blog as a sort of therapy for me.  I thought that recording my thoughts on Dale's journey will lessen the anxieties and pain. It did, at some point.  However, I did not think of the repercussions it will bring on Dale.  Instead of thinking about it though, I learned to put everything in God's hands.  We managed, without getting everything out there in the open for every one to read, to criticize, to laugh at, to judge.

I learned to give Dale the privacy he deserved.  He threw a tantrum without anyone knowing.  He was circumcised without his pictures plastered on this page.  We triumphed at what his recent assessment said.  We were called to the Guidance Office without everyone judging why.  We gave ourselves the chance to heal.  And we did.

The Return

I am blogging again.  Why I am doing this is for a number of reasons.  One is to be able to do something.  I am, for the rest of my life, ongoing dialysis.  I basically am an invalid for three days in a week, when I sit or lounge on a chair for more then four hours to get my blood clean.  I am jobless and all I do for the rest of the week is either sleep or play games on my phone.  I felt it was a horrid way of life.  I wanted to change that and make something out of the rest of the days that I am "well."

Two, I am now blogging, not for me, but for others.  I believe that if there are parents out there who are looking for other parents like me, then I should be available.  I think I have the experience, the knowledge, and the strength to provide comfort and support for parents of children with special needs.  I do not know everything, but at least I can be of moral support to them. I also would like to help other schools and centers to become a venue where they can reach out to parents.

So, yes, I am blogging... but I will choose what to blog about.  I will not blog about Dale all the time with a long post, but will update about him from time to time.  I will collate other articles about differently-abled children and tell you about it.  I will still feature centers and schools on the blog.  Links can be found on the right side bar.

The facebook page is up and gaining more likes. Please Like us on Facebook!  Link can be found on the left hand side bar.  I am also the "expert" on special education at Xpert.ph.  When they approached me on becoming "expert,"  I really hesitated.  I mean, I am no expert!  Surely, someone who is a SPED teacher is best suited.  But they insisted, so yeah, if you're not a member yet, please register at Xpert.ph, it's a website where a team of experts on different fields can assist you on various topics.

So, thank you.  For everyone who still reads this blog.  I hope that I can still be of help to you, one way or another.  For personal stuff, though, I manage a different blog.  Hope to see you there, as well!




No comments: